By FARIK ZOLKEPLI,
JOHOR BARU: MALAYSIA
Saturday June 21, 2008
Two people have died after eating the poisonous puffer fish or ikan buntal, believed to be the first such reported cases in the country.
State Health department director Dr Mohd Khairi Yakub said a 54-year-old woman from Kota Tinggi and another 83-year-old woman from Kulai died from eating the fish on May 7 and June 4 respectively.
He added that 34 others from various places in the state, including here, Batu Pahat and Pontian, suffered food poisoning from eating the fish, between May 6 and June 10. Read More